Saturday, December 8, 2012

How To Play With Fire

{photo: chaplinfortheages.tumblr.com}


Picture in your mind, the many times you've seen an action movie with an explosive fire scene. Now, take that scene and slow it down. Don't think about the details leading up to the fire, in fact, forget about the when/where/how of it altogether.
Think about the fire itself.
In the moment the explosion happens, often the audio is dimmed, and the visuals shift into slow motion. There is a pause.

I'm in that pause.
I am in that part where the deafening silence engulfs, and the earth gives an ever so slight lift to her friend
the fire.

Can you see that space I am talking about?  There's that seemingly centimeters or inches of space between the ground and the brilliant color of the fire. It's sort of white-blue, and appears to be magic.

That is what I see to be the earth, supporting that flame.

Today, I woke with a fire in me. Fire shows itself to me in different ways, but today was a bursting flame, of anger.

Not what you expected?  Me either.

Without going into detail, I will only say that Mama-Bear has something to do with this fire, this anger.

I have some actions to take, and I woke with ideas of how I'd just charge right in, and unleash the ROAR, and be the hero.....

BUT, that would also garner new and possibly more angry enemies.

So, as I think about that fire in me, and that earth-supported pause,
the realization of my voice is coming to life. There must be a phoenix in there somewhere, and I intend to take this swelling fire in my belly, allow it to rise, and as I feel that sensation, I will think through how I should proceed with the challenges in front of me. It is all about strategy.

I shall play with this fire.


"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
~Winston Churchill
{photo: fineartamerica.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment